Thank you again for a dream vacation in Umbria. Marita Mayer
We’re taking sign-ups now for the September 2016!
Dates: September 3 to 11, 2016
Eat, Drink & Tour in Umbria Highlights:
This is an intimate tour limited to 12 to 14 people (sign-up before the tour fills up). My goal is to give people a real sense of the food, wine, and culture of Umbria through cooking classes with me and locals, wine classes, winery visits, wine tastings, dining in traditional and nuova cucina restaurants. In addition, we visit many of Italy’s most beautiful villages–so many are located in Umbria. This is the ideal trip for someone who wants to travel without stress, to get to dine in the best restaurants and see the best sights without having to do any research or to have to do the driving. We’re a small group–so it becomes a nice way to meet new people and make new friends. Below is a summary of the highlights of the trip.
- Enjoy 8 nights and 9 splendid days in Umbria with a maximum of 14 fun-loving participants.
- We’ll pick you up in Florence, and stop in medieval Anghiari for lunch and shopping.
- Spend 8 nights at a beautiful ancient villa, a short walk along the Tevere River to historic downtown Umbertide. The villa has lovely apartments—each one unique, and two rooms without kitchens.
- Dine at some of Umbria’s best restaurants where you’ll taste Umbria’s traditional dishes as well as nuova cucina. Drink good local wines at lunch and dinners. At a Bar, sip caffè corretto (espresso with liqueur).
- Explore several of “Italy’s Most Beautiful Villages,” such as Montefalco, Gubbio, Assisi, Bevagna, traveling in a comfortable mini-bus. See beautiful cathedrals with ancient frescos. Walk from one village to another. Ride the funivia (tram) to the top of Gubbio, and walk down, if you want.
- Visit 2 exceptional wineries, producers of Umbria’s world-renowned red wine, Sagrantino di Montefalco. Sip Umbria’s favorite dessert wines, passito and vin santo. Visit Italy’s #1 rated olive oil producer.
- Shop and explore Foligno’s 1600s marketplace where the town folk dress in costume, cook-up recipes from centuries ago to serve at pop-up taverns, and craftsman exhibit their trade and sell their wares.
- Learn how to roll pasta by hand from Silvana and Adriano (a food historian). You’ll learn how to taste wine like a pro at Suzanne’s Mini Wine 101 lesson. You’ll get authentic recipes to use at home.
- Relax and hang out at the villa. Swim in the villa’s garden pool. Walk along the Tevere to town. Take it easy—we plan everything so you can simply enjoy this magical region of Italy.
$ 3,800. Double occupancy; single supplement $ 250. Final price will depend on the number of participants and the exchange rate at the time of the final invoice. Does not include airfare or the costs associated with your stay in Florence. Note: the itinerary may change but any substitutions will be as good or better than what was promised.
For more information, call Suzanne at 707.815.5710. Soon there will be more information at www.ToUmbria.com.
I hope you’ll join me in Umbria! Cin, cin
Now it’s Easy to Pay for our tours with PayPal. Let us know if you want to pay through PayPal, and we’ll send you an invoice through PP for you to pay. Super easy!