It’s time to register for the September 2016 Umbria Food & Wine Tour.
It takes less than a minute to start your registration process! Simply complete the form to the right, and I’ll get you what you need to join us in Umbria.
On the tour, you’ll spend 9 splendid days exploring Umbria with author Suzanne Carreiro (The Dog Who Ate the Truffle: A Memoir of Stories and Recipes from Umbria).
With our To Umbria tours, you get a LOT for your money because I operate on a small margin. Everything is included once we pick you up to in Florence to start the tour. We’ll spend 8 glorious nights in an ancient Villa. All meals are included–with good local wines at lunch and dinner. We go everywhere in a mini-van. There are cooking classes with Suzanne and local cooks, and one wine class, plus lots of wine tastings. We delivery more than a tour, we deliver an unforgettable dream vacation in Umbria.Umbria Food & Wine Tour Price
$ 3,800. Double occupancy; single supplement $ 250. Final price will depend on the number of participants and the exchange rate at the time of the final invoice. Does not include airfare or the costs associated with your stay in Florence (where we pick you up to start the tour–you can fly directly into Florence). Note: the itinerary may change but any substitutions will be as good or better than what was promised.
The tour begins when we pick you up at the hotel in Florence, near the airport. The tour ends in the afternoon, after lunch, on the last day when we drop you off at the same hotel.
- Pick up at a hotel in Florence and return to same hotel in Florence at the end of the trip.
- Eight nights lodging at an ancient villa or agriturismo.
- Daily continental breakfast with cappuccino.
- Good wine is included at all lunches and dinners (Suzanne’s selection—and she loves good wine).
- All meals are included—home-cooked meals at the villa and dining at traditional and nuova cucina restaurants.
- Excursions in mini-van to Gubbio, Deruta, Montefalco, Assisi, and possibly others. Includes one guided tour.
- Wine and cooking demos taught by Suzanne Carreiro and a pasta class taught by an Umbrian couple.
- Visit one mercato.
- An excursion to ITALY’S #1 rated frantoio.
- Tour and tasting at two excellent wineries.
- Attend an traditional Umbrian festival.
What’s not included in the price of the tour?
- Airfare. Transportation to and from airport to hotel in Florence. Lodging and other expenses in Florence.
- Additional lodging at villa for extended stay.
- Spending on items of a personal nature—phone calls, snacks, insurance—or any items/services not expressly specified in the itinerary and agreement.
- Any museum or other expenses you incur on your own (not included in itinerary).
Everyone will get a personally autographed copy of Suzanne’s Umbrian cookbook, plus a copy of the recipes from the cooking classes.
Register Now. The Umbria Food & Wine Tour is limited to 12 to 14 people.
Contact Suzanne to Register: